At Front Edge Publishing, we celebrate when our authors are honored for their good work in the world. We encourage our authors to post such news items on their own websites and social media:
- Awards they have won.
- National podcasts on which they have been featured.
- News headlines their work has sparked.
- Fresh endorsements and reviews that highlight their work.
This week we are celebrating with Howard Brown, author of the new memoir Shining Brightly, who has won an International Impact Book Award.
That award program is the brainchild of media entrepreneur Nim Stant, who was born in Thailand and whose early career was in Asian-Contemporary dance and choreography in both Thai and Indian classical traditions. Moving to the U.S., Stant pioneered ways to use various cultural disciplines—including her experience in yoga—to help develop leadership skills for professionals in business and media. She also launched a series of TV interviews, public appearances and the International Impact Book Awards program to highlight “ideas that impact the world in positive and uplifting ways.” Her previous book awards have included authors writing about the empowerment of women, entrepreneurial spirit, challenges in minority communities and remembrance of the Holocaust.
That’s how Shining Brightly wound up being honored in a presentation of an International Book Impact Award by Stant to Howard Brown in Toronto.
Why had she chosen to honor Howard’s memor?
“Our audience needs this message right now,” Stant said to Howard. “You never know all the challenges that are happening in people’s lives. And your message is about how people can survive anything that comes their way.”
Care to learn more?
This is a perfect moment to become one of Howard’s growing global community of friends by ordering your copy of his book.
Here are other articles we have published, exploring the launch of this book:
Take a look at the book’s Foreword: ‘Shining Brightly’ Foreword by Dr. Robert J. Wicks: ‘Learn anew about the American Dream’
And especially read this story: Two-time cancer survivor Howard Brown writes ‘Shining Brightly’ to encourage others to stay healthy
Free Resource Guides
Download (and free-to-share) resource guides for discussing Shining Brightly:
- First is What are the ‘Keys to Resiliency when Confronting Cancer?’ Howard is freely sharing resources from the Discussion Guide for his new book—a page that lists 18 keys to resiliency that have proven valuable in his life and in the lives of people he has mentored through cancer.
- Second is Why should we become mentors?
- And finally Interfaith Bridge Building: Why do this work?
. . .