Racism is a social determinant of health that has a profound impact on the health status of children, adolescents, emerging adults, and their families.
We are living with such severe racial stratification that even a 5-year-old can tell us what’s supposed to happen next.
About six-in-ten Americans (58%) say race relations in the U.S. are bad, and of those, few see them improving.
U.S. adults generally can answer basic questions about the Bible and Christianity, but are less familiar with other world religions
The Solution: Help Answer the 100s of Questions Everyone Is Asking
We all need help! In , daily news stories—including the four influential reports listed above—are making it clear that we all are facing growing problems with bigotry. The root of this crisis is ignorance. One major institution that has risen to this challenge is Michigan State University School of Journalism through its Bias Busters team that has produced a whole series of helpful books.
We answer the questions everybody is asking—but nobody is answering.
This New Library Is a Potent Response to Bigotry
Equip your organization with the most up-to-date cultural competence materials available today. The Michigan State University Bias Busters book series features info-packed guides covering individual cultural, ethnic and religious groups. These books are ideal for community distribution, public information sessions and organization-wide cultural competence training. Every guide has been vetted by a blue-ribbon panel to ensure accuracy.
In , leaders in major corporations, nonprofits and community agencies are working to improve community relations. MSU’s Bias Busters program is published by the School of Journalism, which is nationally known for its commitment to teaching fairness, accuracy and balance. In easy-to-read text, enhanced with graphics and multimedia, these guides
answer the questions everyone is asking but nobody is answering. Topics include culture, traditions, religion, vocabulary, history and identity.
For a Limited Time: Get All 11 Volumes
For a limited time, we are offering: the Bias Busters Library of 11 volumes.
Each set costs only $120.00, plus shipping. This offer is valid until .
Contact [email protected] today for more information, to place an order or inquire about bulk rates.
Order the Ethnic/Religion Collection today:
- 100 Questions and Answers About Chaldean Americans
- 100 Questions and Answers About African Americans
- 100 Questions and Answers About Hispanics and Latinos
- 100 Questions and Answers About Arab Americans
- 100 Questions and Answers About East Asian Cultures
- 100 Questions, 500 Nations: A guide to Native America
- 100 Questions and Answers About Americans
- 100 Questions and Answers About American Jews
- 100 Questions and Answers About Muslim Americans
- 100 Questions and Answers About Immigrants to the U.S.
- 100 Questions and Answers About Indian Americans
Who Needs These Guides?
There are many ways you can become a part of the solution:
- Order this 11-volume library for your home;
- For your place of work;
- For your club or small group;
- Give a set to a clergyperson, medical professional, educator or law-enforcement officer you know;
- Donate sets to your congregation or a nonprofit group you support;
- Give them to a Sunday School teacher and suggest a weekly series;
- Distribute sets through your company’s Human Resources program;
- Wrap up a set as a birthday or year-end holiday gift.
The American Academy of Pediatrics concludes:
Failure to address racism will continue to undermine health equity for all children, adolescents, emerging adults, and their families.
We all need help right now. Become a part of the solution.